As a Congressman, scientist, and clean energy entrepreneur, Sean’s mission is to combat the climate crisis and protect our planet for future generations. Sean has championed high-impact, market-based climate change legislation as a member of the Select Committee on the Climate Crisis and the House Science, Space and Technology Committee.
In Congress, Sean:
- Secured $505 Million for clean energy battery storage to help increase the reliability and resilience of the electrical grid.
- Secured $500 Million for the research and development of low-carbon industrial technologies.
- Signed into law Casten’s clean energy provision to require 10% of existing and future military installations to reach net zero emissions by 2035.
- Introduced the End Oil and Gas Tax Subsidies Act, because fossil fuels shouldn’t cost taxpayers $650 billion a year as they pollute our air and water.
- Introduced the bipartisan Interregional Transmission Planning Improvement Act of 2021, which would create jobs and expedite the transition to a clean energy grid.
- Introduced the Climate Risk Disclosure Act to require public companies to disclose their financial and business risks related to climate change.
- Introduced the Tradable Performance Standard Act which would eradicate 40% of US greenhouse gas emissions by 2040.
As the former CEO of two successful clean energy companies, Sean knows that we can lower carbon emissions and create jobs — because he’s done it. Sean believes that the United States must use the power of competitive markets to encourage energy innovation and create clean energy jobs.
The good news is that fixing many existing environmental policies doesn’t require political conflict — it requires electing experts who understand the issues and can reach across the political divide. Sean is committed to following the facts and working with leaders on both sides of the aisle to build our country’s clean energy infrastructure and keep America as the top innovator in a rapidly growing sector of the global economy.