Every year, guns kill more than 30,000 Americans. Even among gun owners, there is widespread support for common-sense gun safety measures such as universal background checks and banning assault weapons, and Sean has led the way in Congress in supporting sensible gun legislation.
In Congress, Sean:
- Cosponsored the Bipartisan Background Checks Act that would keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them, such as convicted felons and domestic abusers.
- Introduced the Gun Trafficker Detention Act that would create a requirement for gun owners to report if their guns were stolen or lost within 48 hours.
- Cosponsored the Assault Weapons Ban that would outlaw weapons of war like semi-automatic guns with military-style features.
- Cosponsored the Prevent Gun Trafficking Act to combat illegal gun purchases and transfers.
- Cosponsored the Protect Children Through Safe Gun Ownership Act which includes provisions to protect children from unsecured firearms such as a new gun storage requirement.
We have seen far too many shootings in our schools, in our streets, and in our places of worship. Sean believes that it’s time to offer Americans smart, effective gun laws that will save lives.