Everybody in the 6th District wants a strong economy with good jobs that enable us to provide for our families. Sean believes that all Americans should have access to economic opportunity no matter their zip code.
In Congress, Sean:
- Secured $1 Billion for Illinois in federal funding from the Infrastructure Investment and Job Act to create good-paying jobs in Illinois while improving roads and bridges.
- Co-sponsored the Raise the Wage Act which increases the federal minimum wage to $15/hour.
- Voted for the Moving Forward Act to make transformative investments in America’s infrastructure and create millions of jobs while taking bold action to combat the crisis.
- Cosponsored the Protecting the Right to Organize Act (PRO Act) that would enhance workers’ right to organize for better wages and working conditions.
- Cosponsored the bipartisan Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act to ensure older workers have the protections they need against age discrimination.
- Cosponsored the Social Security 2100 Act which strengthens benefits for current and future generations.
- Cosponsored the American Energy Worker Opportunity Act of 2021 to provide more benefits to workers who have been impacted by the transition to a clean energy economy.
Sean rejects the notion that we have to pick between creating a better environment or creating jobs, because he spent his career doing both. Clean energy is an area where we could grow jobs by investing in research and technology, so that the next generation of wind turbines, solar panels, fuel cells, and more are designed and manufactured right here, by American workers.
We can make the American dream a possibility for everyone while investing in our future. Sean is committed to building a stronger, fairer economy that helps Americans reach their full potential.